HBase, mail # user - HBase type support

+
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-13, 16:42
David Koch 2013-03-14, 16:51
Michel Segel 2013-03-15, 12:25
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-15, 17:06
Michel Segel 2013-03-15, 22:35
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-19, 20:34
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-15, 17:11
James Taylor 2013-03-15, 17:55
Nick Dimiduk 2013-03-15, 17:57
lars hofhansl 2013-03-16, 05:45
Michel Segel 2013-03-16, 12:18
Michel Segel 2013-03-16, 12:26
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-16, 12:59
Michael Segel 2013-03-17, 16:13
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-17, 17:12
+
Amit Sela 2013-03-17, 17:32
Re: HBase type support
Michel Segel 2013-03-18, 12:02
Andrew,

I was aware of you employer, which I am pretty sure that they have already dealt with the issue of  exporting encryption software and probably hardware too.

Neither of us are lawyers and what I do know of dealing with the government bureaucracies, it's not always as simple of just filing the correct paperwork. (Sometimes it is, sometimes not so much, YMMV...)

Putting the hooks for encryption is probably a good idea. Shipping the encryption w the release or making it part of the official release, not so much. Sorry, I'm being a bit conservative here.

IMHO I think fixing other issues would be of a higher priority, but that's just me;-)

Mike Segel

+
Doug Meil 2013-03-18, 19:16
+