HBase >> mail # user >> Missing metrics in any context inheriting from AbstractMetricsContext

+
Asaf Mesika 2013-06-05, 18:31
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-06-09, 05:55
Re: Missing metrics in any context inheriting from AbstractMetricsContext
The first I did was to use JConsole to see what is available.
The thing that surprised me is the very small number of metrics exposed by
HBase Master on the "hbase" namespace.
When I hooked up "rpc" namespace and also did the Hadoop-metrics.properties
on the region server I finally saw a large amount of metrics.
So my mistake was enabling the FileTimstamp context class only on the
"hbase" namespace, and only on the Master.