HBase >> mail # user >> HBase on Windows 7: Master not running error

+
Tacit 2013-02-04, 08:52
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-02-04, 09:32
+
Tacit 2013-02-04, 11:20
Re: HBase on Windows 7: Master not running error
Well, first you need to decide on what you want to do (i.e; distributed or
not) and acts accordingly.
I would recommend trying with not distributed when you start. This means
you have a single process to launch.

not distributed is the default, so if it can't find the configuration files
it will be not distributed.
When you launch HBase as "not distributed", ZooKeeper and the regions
servers are launched as threads, not processes (I don't have a windows box
to try, but I doubt it's different).

For hbase-default & hbase-site, they are both read when HBase starts,
hbase-site values erase the one from hbase-default if they both exists.
It may be safer to use only hbase-site, and overwrite the values mentionned
in the cygwin page.

I don't understand why you have a separate zookeeper process. Script code
is quite simple for this:

if [ "$distMode" == 'false' ]
then
  "$bin"/hbase-daemon.sh $commandToRun master
else
  "$bin"/hbase-daemons.sh --config "${HBASE_CONF_DIR}" $commandToRun
zookeeper
  "$bin"/hbase-daemon.sh --config "${HBASE_CONF_DIR}" $commandToRun master
  "$bin"/hbase-daemons.sh --config "${HBASE_CONF_DIR}" \
    --hosts "${HBASE_REGIONSERVERS}" $commandToRun regionserver
  "$bin"/hbase-daemons.sh --config "${HBASE_CONF_DIR}" \
    --hosts "${HBASE_BACKUP_MASTERS}" $commandToRun master-backup
fi

So I would recommend to look at this first.