HBase, mail # user - Does HBase supports parallel table scan if I use MapReduce

Does HBase supports parallel table scan if I use MapReduce
yonghu 2013-08-20, 15:45
Hello,

I know if I use default scan api, HBase scans table in a serial manner, as
it needs to guarantee the order of the returned tuples. My question is if I
use MapReduce to read the HBase table, and directly output the results in
HDFS, not returned back to client. The HBase scan is still in a serial
manner or in this situation it can run a parallel scan.

Thanks!

Yong