HBase >> mail # dev >> thrift vs thrift2

+
Jimmy Xiang 2012-12-06, 23:24
+
Stack 2012-12-07, 00:48
Re: thrift vs thrift2
According to the thrift2 docs, it is the 'right' way to access HBase - the
thrift package is based on an older HBase interface that no longer exists.
Seems like a reasonable case for deprecation in the next release and
dropping it all together after.
-------------------
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 4:48 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Jimmy Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Since 0.96 is a singularity, is it a time to deprecate thrift finally?
> >
> > Or we can use thrift2 by default, and keep thrift around more?
> >
> > What's the pros and cons to switch to thrift2?
> >

> Interesting notion.  Could move thrift2 to thrift altogether.  Would need
> to make sure thrift2 has all from thrift1.
> St.Ack

+
Andrew Purtell 2012-12-07, 03:21
+