Flume >> mail # user >> keep event header when dump into hbase sink?

keep event header when dump into hbase sink?
Hi all,

Which hbase sink keeps the event header, and how to configure it to do so?

The SimpleHbaseEventSerializer would certainly discard the header:
https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/trunk/flume-ng-sinks/flume-ng-hbase-sink/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/sink/hbase/SimpleHbaseEventSerializer.java

It doesn't look like the RegexHbaseEventSerializer does anything either.

Is there such an option, or do I have to implement my own serializer?

Basically I have a syslog source where useful information is kept in the header:

Event: { headers:{region=flp, timestamp=1357589618000, Severity=5,
host=switch1, Facility=20} body: 45 62 72 61 3A 20 25 4C 49 4E 45 50
52 4F 54 4F Ebra: %LINEPROTO }

Thanks.
-Simon
+