Flume, mail # user - keep event header when dump into hbase sink?

keep event header when dump into hbase sink?
Xu 2013-01-07, 16:33
Hi all,

Which hbase sink keeps the event header, and how to configure it to do so?

The SimpleHbaseEventSerializer would certainly discard the header:
https://github.com/apache/flume/blob/trunk/flume-ng-sinks/flume-ng-hbase-sink/src/main/java/org/apache/flume/sink/hbase/SimpleHbaseEventSerializer.java

It doesn't look like the RegexHbaseEventSerializer does anything either.

Is there such an option, or do I have to implement my own serializer?

Basically I have a syslog source where useful information is kept in the header:

Event: { headers:{region=flp, timestamp=1357589618000, Severity=5,
host=switch1, Facility=20} body: 45 62 72 61 3A 20 25 4C 49 4E 45 50
52 4F 54 4F Ebra: %LINEPROTO }

Thanks.
-Simon