Hive, mail # dev - Turn around on patches that do not need full unit testing

Re: Turn around on patches that do not need full unit testing
Alan Gates 2012-06-15, 17:11
One approach I've seen other projects take is to have an "ant test-commit" target that users are responsible to run before committing.  This is a short (15 min or less) target that runs all true unit tests (tests that exercise just a class or two in isolation) and a couple of functional tests that exercise major functionality but not every last thing.  The full test suite can then be run nightly and any issues addressed.

Alan.