Hadoop, mail # dev - [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
Doug Cutting 2012-12-03, 23:57
On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The apache voting process contradicts the Hadoop bylaws:
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html says that only PMC members can
> make binding votes on code modification issues, but
> http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html says that Committers can make binding
> votes on them.  Does that mean the Hadoop bylaws have to change?

This may be a little atypical but I don't see any harm.  The Hadoop
PMC is willing to respect the veto of any committer as binding.  I'd
worry more if we tried to reduce vetoes to a subset of the PMC than
extend it to a superset.

Do you think this is problematic?

Doug