From: Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: HBase Dev List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:09 AM
Subject: [COMPACTIONS] Anyone seen hbase.hstore.compaction.min.size in trunk/0.95?
I was reading an old thriller, "HBASE-3149 Make flush decisions per column
family", and I got to the good bit where our NicolasS argues that per-CF
flush is likely not needed because small files is fine actually as long as
these small files are hoovered up quckly.  He mentioned
the hbase.hstore.compaction.min.size config which we'd set to be equal to
flush size and he argued that our default should be much lower -- 1/16th
smaller -- so we always get rid of the small files first.

The config. was removed here: