Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0
+1 because:

- Java 1.6 has reached EOL, making Java 1.7 inevitable
- we're very early in the planning phase for Accumulo 1.6, which means we
hopefully won't break or invalidate already-contributed features to it
I don't think a 2.0.0 should be motivated by an upgrade in a dependency,
even if it's the most important dependency of all.