Bigtop, mail # user - [VOTE] Bigtop 0.6.0 RC1

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-06-10, 18:58
Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.6.0 RC1
Sean Mackrory 2013-06-14, 23:01
Installed in psuedo-distributed mode on RHEL 6 and Ubuntu Precise. I did
basic testing of HDFS, YARN / MR2, ZooKeeper, HBase, ZooKeeper, Sqoop, Hive
and Hue. I ran into the following problems:

* Sqoop server starts automatically after install on some systems but not
others (BIGTOP-1013)
* Sqoop client relies on $PATH for Java detection (already fixed upstream
for next release)
* MapReduce complained about bad port numbers, had to be restarted on
Ubuntu (BIGTOP-764)
* Hue showed database errors on login (embedded metastore already created
by Hive) - I'm told this is a well-known issue already.

I was never able to Hue past the login screen, but I suspect it's because
of an overloaded VM, and I'm out of time to test for now - so I hope Hue
works well for other people. Other than that, I don't think any of these
are serious enough to stop release, so:

+1 (non-committer).

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is the sixth release for Apache Bigtop, version 0.6.0
>
> It fixes the following issues:
>   http://s.apache.org/ucA
>
> *** Please download, test and vote by Mon 06/17 noon PST
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag):
>    release-0.6.0-RC1
>
> Source and binary files:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebigtop-007/org/apache/bigtop/bigtop/0.6.0/
>
> Binary convenience artifacts:
>    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-0.6.0/
>
> Documentation on how to install:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.6.0
>
> Maven staging repo:
>    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachebigtop-007/
>
> The tag to be voted upon:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=bigtop.git;a=commit;h=fda89f9846b8843fa7c3d9e9d1c236a8ea45f33a
>
> Bigtop's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
>    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/bigtop/dist/KEYS
>
> Thanks,
> Roman.

+