Hive >> mail # user >> Re: show tables in bin does not display the tables

Re: show tables in bin does not display the tables
Hello

I have noticed when i execute the following command from hive shell in diff folders it behaves in diff ways and was wondering if this is right:

show tables;

from the bin folder under my hive install folder it just shows tab_name:
****************************

myUser@ubuntu:~/work/hive-0.10.0-bin/bin$ ./hive
hive> show tables;
OK
tab_name
Time taken: 5.268 seconds
****************************

But when i excecute the same command from my install folder:

****************************
myUser@ubuntu:~/work/hive-0.10.0-bin/bin$ cd ..
hive> show tables;
OK