HDFS, mail # user - How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS

RE: How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS
Siddharth Tiwari 2012-08-24, 16:46

Hi Abhishek,

You can use fsck for this purpose

hadoop fsck <HDFS directory> -files -blocks -locations  --- Displays what you want

*------------------------*

Cheers !!!

Siddharth Tiwari

Have a refreshing day !!!

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 22:10:37 +0530
Subject: How do we view the blocks of a file in HDFS
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

hi,
   If I push a file into HDFS that runs on a 4 node cluster with 1 namenode and 3 datanodes, how can I view where on the datanodes are the blocks of this file?I would like to view the blocks and their replicas individually. How can I do this?
The answer is very critical for my current task which is halted :) A detailed answer will be highly appreciated.Thank you!

With Regards,
Abhishek S