Flume >> mail # user >> Flume to stream logs live

+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-12-14, 14:47
Re: Flume to stream logs live
Hello Andy,

    You can visit this nice
post<http://mapredit.blogspot.in/2012/07/run-flume-13x-on-windows.html>by
Alex which describes how to use Flume on Windows.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Kartashov, Andy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>  Flummers,
>

> Loved working with Flume 1.2 – very easy and simple configuration, it was
> a pleasure to work with. Managed to “tail –F” logs from unix server and
> into a hdfs cluster. The problem started when I also needed to push logs
> from a Windows application server.  Spent three days researching on how to
> install flume on Windows and run  a deamon/agent that will push the logs to
> the Avro source I successfully configured and ran on Unix. No luck. So I am
> looking t alternative. Is there other framework available out there to help
> me with my issue. What about scribe?
>

> Andy Kartashov
>
> *MPAC*
>
> IT Architecture, Co-op
>
> 1340 Pickering Parkway, Pickering, L1V 0C4
>
> ( Phone : (905) 837 6269
>
> ( Mobile: (416) 722 1787
>
> *[EMAIL PROTECTED]*
>

>  NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential, subject
> to copyright and may be privileged. Any unauthorized use, copying or
> disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> delete and contact the sender immediately. Please consider the environment
> before printing this e-mail. AVIS : le présent courriel et toute pièce
> jointe qui l'accompagne sont confidentiels, protégés par le droit d'auteur
> et peuvent être couverts par le secret professionnel. Toute utilisation,
> copie ou divulgation non autorisée est interdite. Si vous n'êtes pas le
> destinataire prévu de ce courriel, supprimez-le et contactez immédiatement
> l'expéditeur. Veuillez penser à l'environnement avant d'imprimer le présent
> courriel

+
Brock Noland 2012-12-14, 14:52
+
Paul Chavez 2012-12-14, 16:24
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-12-16, 12:25
+
Juhani Connolly 2012-12-17, 01:33
+
Alexander Lorenz 2012-12-17, 07:57
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-12-19, 16:20
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-20, 07:02
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-12-17, 15:50
+
Kartashov, Andy 2012-12-20, 17:44