Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop import Format Issue

+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-18, 11:20
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-21, 11:20
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-01-22, 00:49
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-21, 07:31
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2013-01-21, 08:38
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-21, 08:43
+
abhijeet gaikwad 2013-01-21, 11:53
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-21, 12:01
+
Vineet Mishra 2013-01-18, 12:31
Re: Sqoop import Format Issue
This cannot be achieved with Sqoop.

Thanks,
Abhijeet
On Jan 18, 2013 6:01 PM, "Vineet Mishra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hallo All,
>
> Can we customize the *--split-by* option in Sqoop import statement so
> that the output would be single file with comma delimited and having a
> fixed maximum number of values in each rows, like for fetching a single
> Column from the DB the output should be like,
>
> 1234,1235,1564,1674
> 1546,2546,5653,6434
> 6543,6534,7763,6567
>
> so it will be single file that can be done with option *-m 1* and each
> row will have a maximum no. of values(comma separated), i.e in this case
> its 4.
>
> Kindly let me if any one of you has worked this case. . .
>
> Thanks in Advance!
>

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Vineet Mishra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
>
>> Hallo All,
>>
>> I am working with Sqoop to query from the database to for my Map/Reduce
>> job, the issue I am struggling with is
>>
>> 1) Is there a way to directly pass the Sqoop Import Result to the Map for
>> processing rather than storing it to file system and then processing.
>>
>> If above can't be done then let me know whether,
>>
>> 2) I want the format of the file which is coming from the sqoop import
>> command  to be comma(,) separated single line file, but my output is coming
>> as a multi row file.
>>

>> I am querying from the Database fetching a single column of some random
>> values, which is coming in the format,
>>
>> 1234
>> 1235
>> 1564