HBase >> mail # user >> How to change split policy of a specific existing table(not global)?‏

Re: How to change split policy of a specific existing table(not global)?‏
On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:04 AM, WangRamon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi JM
> Thanks for your help, yes, as you said the syntax is totally correct as it
> can be executed in HBase Shell without any errors.
> By checking the source code of class HRegion which initialise the region
> policy from HTableDescriptor, not sure if that SPLIT_POLICY value can be
> dynamically changed after a table(and its first child region) is created?
>
> > 1) If you look in the Web UI, do you see you new attribute set for this
> > table?
> I don't know there is a specific UI which i can view the new attributes
> except the master-status UI, if that's the UI you are talking about, i can
> only see the MAX_FILESIZE property is set correctly:{NAME =>
> 'SPLIT_TEST_BIG', MAX_FILESIZE => '107374182400', FAMILIES => [{NAME =>
> 'f1'}]}

What JMS said.

Seems like you are looking at the right place in the UI.

After altering the table, if you do

hbase> describe "SPLIT_TEST_BIG"

... do you see the new attribute set?

If not, the shell must be not setting this attribute properly (bug).

St.Ack