HBase >> mail # user >> Possibly unnecessary check in Result.getColumnLatest(byte[] family, byte[] qualifier)

Re: Possibly unnecessary check in Result.getColumnLatest(byte[] family, byte[] qualifier)
I am looking at trunk code.

binarySearch() calls this method:

    int pos = Arrays.binarySearch(kvs, searchTerm, KeyValue.COMPARATOR);
Here is the compare() method of KVComparator:

    public int compare(final KeyValue left, final KeyValue right) {

      int ret = getRawComparator().compare(left.getBuffer(),

          left.getOffset() + ROW_OFFSET, left.getKeyLength(),

          right.getBuffer(), right.getOffset() + ROW_OFFSET,

          right.getKeyLength());

      if (ret != 0) return ret;

      // Negate this comparison so later edits show up first

      return -Longs.compare(left.getMemstoreTS(), right.getMemstoreTS());

    }
I don't see duplicate check.

Cheers