Flume >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan

+
Mike Percy 2013-05-22, 07:33
Re: [DISCUSS] Flume 1.4 release plan
+1 for Flume 1.4
+1 for Mike being RM.
Cheers,
Hari
On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Mike Percy wrote:

> Hi folks,
> We have had over 100 commits since 1.3.1, and a bunch of new features and
> improvements including a Thrift source, much improved ElasticSearch sink,
> support for a new plugins directory and layout, compression support in the
> avro sink/source, improved checkpointing in the file channel and more, plus
> a lot of bug fixes.
>
> It seems to me that it's time to start thinking about cutting a 1.4
> release. I would be happy to volunteer to RM the release. Worth noting that
> I will be unavailable for the next two weeks... but after that I'd be happy
> to pick this up and run with it. That's also a decent amount of time for
> people to get moving on patches and reviews for their favorite features,
> bug fixes, etc.
>
> If this all sounds OK, I'd like to suggest targeting the last week of June
> as a release date. If we can release in time for Hadoop Summit then that
> would be pretty nice. Otherwise, if something comes up and we can't get the
> release out that week, let's shoot for the first week of July at the latest.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

+
Arvind Prabhakar 2013-05-22, 08:02
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-05-22, 08:09
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-05-22, 09:02
+
Ralph Goers 2013-05-26, 14:58
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-28, 13:47