MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-26, 22:55
+
Robert Evans 2013-02-27, 16:17
+
Eli Collins 2013-02-27, 19:56
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-27, 22:54
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-02-27, 23:43
+
Ivan Mitic 2013-02-28, 02:32
+
John Gordon 2013-02-28, 11:25
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-28, 16:45
+
Robert Evans 2013-02-28, 19:29
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-02-28, 19:50
+
Harsh J 2013-02-27, 19:20
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-03-02, 03:14
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-03-01, 20:18
+
Chris Douglas 2013-03-01, 21:28
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-03-01, 21:57
+
Chris Douglas 2013-03-02, 00:57
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-01, 23:47
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-02, 01:55
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-02, 03:33
+
Matt Foley 2013-03-02, 20:32
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-03-03, 03:32
+
Matt Foley 2013-03-03, 19:08
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-03-03, 20:16
+
Bikas Saha 2013-03-01, 17:55
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-03-01, 01:04
+1 for the merge.

As someone who has been testing the code for many months now, both on
singlenode and multinode clusters, I am very confident about the stability
and the quality of the code. I have run several regression tests to verify
distributed cache, streaming, compression, capacity scheduler, job history
and many more features in HDFS and MR.

- Ramya

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:08 PM, sanjay Radia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> +1
> Java has done the bulk of the work in making Hadoop multi-platform.
> Windows specific code is a tiny percentage of the code.
> Jeninks support for windows is going help us keep the platform portable
> going forward.
> I expect that the vast majority of new commits have  no problems. I
> propose that we start by fixing problems that Jenkins raises but not block
> new commits for too long if the author does not have a windows box or if a
> volunteer does not step up.
>
> sanjay

+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-03-06, 19:50