Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack

Re: [VOTE] introduce Python as build-time and run-time dependency for Hadoop and throughout Hadoop stack
i've been playing around writing a couple of maven plugins, one to replace saveversion.sh and the other to invoke protoc. they both work in windows standard cmd (no cygwin required). together with hadoop-8887 they would remove most of the scripting done the poms.

(they also work in linux and osx)

they are java based, only require having SVN GIT & PROTOC avail in the PATH.

if cmake works in windows, i assume hadoop-8887 would be almost there.

this would leave the tar stitching, which is done as script to handle SO symlinks. though i have and idea on how we could take care of it.

i'll be creating a jira momentarily.

thx

Alejandro