MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-25, 03:48
+
Sangjin Lee 2013-05-25, 17:01
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-30, 15:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-30, 17:57
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 18:52
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-30, 22:11
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 22:52
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-05-30, 23:08
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 23:16
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-30, 17:58
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-30, 20:48
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 21:39
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-30, 22:18
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-30, 22:25
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-31, 00:30
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-31, 00:51
Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha
> Why not call this 2.0.5-alpha?

Technically, current branch-2 uses 2.0.5-SNAPSHOT and produces maven
artifacts with that version.
So having another version with the same numbers will be confusing.
Therefore 4-level numbers.
I thought I mentioned it to you before.

Thanks,
--Konst
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I see you just re-opened MAPREUDCE-4211.
>
> Why not include MAPREDUCE-4211 as well rather than create one release per
> patch?
>
> Also, this is the first time we are seeing a four-numbered scheme in
> Hadoop. Why not call this 2.0.5-alpha?
>
> Arun
>
> On May 24, 2013, at 8:48 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I have created a release candidate (rc0) for hadoop-2.0.4.1-alpha that I
> would
> > like to release.
> >
> > This is a stabilization release that includes fixed for a couple a of
> issues
> > discovered in the testing with BigTop 0.6.0 release candidate.
> >
> > The RC is available at:
> http://people.apache.org/~cos/hadoop-2.0.4.1-alpha-rc0/
> > The RC tag in svn is here:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.0.4.1-alpha-rc0
> >
> > The maven artifacts are available via repository.apache.org.
> >
> > Please try the release bits and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7
> days.
> >
> > Thanks for your voting
> >  Cos

+