Sqoop >> mail # user >> Load from Hive table to HDFS using sqoop

Re: Load from Hive table to HDFS using sqoop
Hi Prabhu,

To add on to what Bejoy mentioned, while Sqoop is generally used to
transfer data between a JDBC compliant RDBMS and Hadoop, it is not
restricted to it - an example is Sqoop's connector to Couchbase.

Furthermore in Sqoop 2, connectors will no longer be restricted to the
JDBC model, but can rather define their own vocabulary, e.g. Couchbase
no longer needs to specify a table name, only to overload it as a
backfill or dump operation:
https://blogs.apache.org/sqoop/entry/apache_sqoop_highlights_of_sqoop

Regards, Kathleen