MapReduce, mail # user - Re: how to close hadoop when tmp files were cleared

Re: how to close hadoop when tmp files were cleared
Harsh J 2013-06-17, 09:09
Hey Azuryy,

The -9 (SIGKILL) is unnecessary and isn't recommended unless its
unresponsive. The SIGTERM has an additional benefit of running any
necessary shutdown handling procedures, but SIGKILL is instant death.

--
Harsh J