Drill, mail # dev - facebook presto SQL query engine

Re: facebook presto SQL query engine
Jason Altekruse 2013-11-06, 20:52
I thought the docs were very sparse, especially from a development
perspective. I was wondering if they were using vectorization or doing
record materialization at read time like Impala. Can't imagine they would
get any performance out of it if they didn't do vectorization, as they
already have to live within the constraints of java. Would also be
interesting to see if they used code generation or the netty/unsafe APIs at
all. Will be taking a closer look in the next few weeks to see if there are
some good ideas we can incorporate into Drill.

-Jason