HBase >> mail # dev >> Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-08-31, 17:53
+
Gregory Chanan 2012-08-31, 18:30
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-09-01, 11:16
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-09-01, 07:47
Re: Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).
Should we start putting this into practice? I'm happy to do this for 0.94.0 and 0.94.1 (provided that mass change functionality in jira actually works).

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:53 AM
Subject: Closing issues (as opposed to Resolving).

Hey all,

I propose that we close issues after a release is done.

Close is stronger than resolve -- I believe it makes the issue essentially
read only.  There are many resolved issues from 0.20, 0.89, and 0.90.6 <
that could be closed, (as well as issues from 0.92.1, and 0.94.1..

This would force discussion on old topics to new jiras and make things a
little tidier.

Thoughts?

Jon.

--