Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Monitor: Adding graphs for each table and server

+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-04-05, 15:21
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-05, 16:46
+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-04-05, 17:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-05, 17:34
+
Supun Kamburugamuva 2013-04-10, 15:11
+
Eric Newton 2013-04-10, 15:33
+
Josh Elser 2013-04-10, 15:51
Re: Monitor: Adding graphs for each table and server
On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:21 AM, Supun Kamburugamuva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> According to [1] we need to add some graphs that displays statistics for
> each table and server in Accumulo. The current overview page in the monitor
> displays a summery (average) across all these entities.
>
> I can see the overview page is generated in TServersServlet where it pull
> statistics to display.
>
> For adding these new statistics should we create a new page that displays
> table statistics? If we display them in the current overview page, I
> suppose it will have lot of graphs.

I was thinking of selecting a table, and then seeing the graphs for
that table.  Not seeing all of the graphs for all of the tables at
once.

> ACCUMULO-594 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-594> talks
> about OpenTSBD. Can you please give me some references on why we need
> OpenTSBD?

I am just interested in seeing this data, but I am not sure wha the
best way to forward is.  I am not familiar with OpenTSDB,  I also have
questions. How difficult is OpenTSDB to setup?  What capabilities will
offer us?  I.e. does it make it easier to slice and dice the temporal
data and plot it in different ways?  Doing this per table view in the
monitor page would be a custom transformation of the data. If OpenTSDB
could allow us to view this data w/o writing something custom that
does sound appealing.  Could we possibly offer an OpenTSDB view out of
the box w/ Accumulo?  The monitor is custom, but its very nice having
it out of the box.

> Thanks,
> Supun..
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-594