Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> QuorumTest.testFollowersStartAfterLeader

Re: QuorumTest.testFollowersStartAfterLeader
On 6/21/11 12:45 PM, Patrick Hunt wrote:
> Such uses of sleep are just asking for trouble. Take a look at the use
> of sleep in testSessionMove in the same class for a better way to do
> this. I had gone through all the tests a while back, replacing all the
> "sleep(x)" with something like this testSessionMove pattern (retry
> with a max limit that's very long). During reviews we should look for
> anti-patterns like this and address them before commit.
>
> Patrick
Thanks a lot for bringing this up, Camille. I had exactly this problem
(QuorumTest.testFollowersStartAfterLeader failing) yesterday and today .
Would the attached patch be the fix in the spirit of the pattern you're
describing, Patrick?

-Eugene