Hadoop >> mail # dev >> git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs

+
maisnam ns 2013-04-10, 01:15
Re: git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs
Hi Niranjan,

Try doing your initial clone from the github mirror instead, I found it to
be much faster:

https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common

I use the apache git for subsequent pulls.

Best,
Andrew
On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM, maisnam ns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to execute  ----- git clone git://
> git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git so that I could setup a development
> environment for Hadoop under the Eclipse IDE but it is taking too much
> time.
>
> Can somebody let me know why it is taking too much time, I have a high
> speed internet connection and I don't think connectivity is the issue here.
>
> Thanks
> Niranjan Singh

+
maisnam ns 2013-04-10, 18:03