Hadoop >> mail # dev >> git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs

Re: git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs
Hi Niranjan,

Try doing your initial clone from the github mirror instead, I found it to
be much faster:

https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common

I use the apache git for subsequent pulls.

Best,
Andrew