MapReduce >> mail # user >> Data locality of map-side join

Re: Data locality of map-side join
Interesting to know that Hive and Pig are doing something in this
direction. I'm dealing with the Hadoop join-package which doesn't use
DistributedCache though but it rather pulls the other partition over the
network before launching the map task. This is under the assumption that
both partitions are too big to load into DC or it's just undesirable to use
DC. Is there a similar mechanism implemented in the join-package that
considers the size of the two partitions to be joined trying to execute the
map task on the datanode that holds the bigger partition?