Hi Patrick,

It's pretty common to start a thread on dev list to discuss none trivial
changes - e.g. new features, infrastructure, releases, etc; or changes that
may lead to inconsistent practices with Apache projects. For this specific
case, it's the latter case that leads me starting this thread - If Apache
enforces using README.txt then we should VOTE for such a change if we
decide to do so - though that seems not necessary now and we can conclude
in this thread that the proposed rename change is OK.

Also, a dev list thread usually will get more visibility than a JIRA, so if
one has a patch that's need attention, dev list is a good place to start
the discussion.