The tags differ between old clones and recent ones.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/zookeeper.git
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:apache/zookeeper.git
git://git.apache.org/zookeeper.git

are all consistent (tags) as are

https://github.com/autodesk-forks/zookeeper.git
https://github.com/phunt/zookeeper.git (my old repo)

I checked out a few tags from lars repo as well as apache latest, while the
tags differ the content does not.

Using gitk I see that the two sets of repos differ at
commit 11d2d6fd92acf9abc762c41e0f7b91c5acc89f4f

I'm not sure why (have to run to a meeting...)

Patrick