The tags themselves were not moved or force pushed as far as I can tell.
The problem is the every commit differs in terms of the commit hash between
the official ZooKeeper repo and the old repos (autodesk-forks and phunt).

I suspect it was the svn git move that causes this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12573. As part of the move, the
main branch of our repo was renamed from "trunk" to "master". From what I
know, git generates commit hash based on a couple of parameters including
the source tree of the commit, and maybe the renaming of the branch here
changed the state of the source tree that leads to the rewriting of the
entire commit hash history (but not the commit contents, as they were
intact.).

I think a reasonable next step is to confirm with someone in INFRA about
this while waiting for more inputs from this group.