Hi folks,

I propose we rename README.txt to README.md (ZOOKEEPER-2880
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2880>), so github can
render the mark downs which support better and richer formatting options
than txt file. There are lots of existing Apache projects (e.g. Spark,
Cassandra, ....) use md file instead of txt file for README, and I am not
aware of any constraints that prevent us doing the same for ZooKeeper.

Please let me know if you have any concern for such a change.

--
Cheers
Michael.