Hadoop >> mail # user >> Copy Vs DistCP

Re: Copy Vs DistCP
DistCP is a full blown mapreduce job (mapper only, where the mappers do a
"fully" parallel copy to the detsination).

CP appears (correct me if im wrong) to simply invoke the FileSystem and
issues a copy command for every source file.

I have an additional question: how is CP which is internal to a cluster
optimized (if at all) ?

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com