Hadoop >> mail # general >> Which proposed distro of Hadoop, 0.20.206 or 0.22, will be better for HBase?

Re: Which proposed distro of Hadoop, 0.20.206 or 0.22, will be better for HBase?
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Jagane Sundar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As far as deployment automation is concerned, I am eager to know what other
> approaches you are familiar with. Chef/Puppet et. al. are not interesting to
> me. I want this to have end user self-serve service characteristics, not
> 'end users file ticket, sysadmin runs [chef|puppet|other] script'.

We have a fully automated continuous deployment based on Puppet running
test clusters in Bigtop. It is not perfect, but it works for us. We'll
post the code
soon (it just needs to be cleaned up a bit):

Roman.

P.S. For all those interested in 100% open source deployment solution,
I would totally
recommend using Chef/Puppet for any cluster up to 500 nodes or so. I do not
understand why Chef/Puppet is given a bad rep when it comes to deploying Hadoop
stacks. These tools are way more mature than any other OS alternative I've seen.