Hive >> mail # user >> is that possible to use Hive 0.11 with libthrift 0.7

Re: is that possible to use Hive 0.11 with libthrift 0.7
You are kinda screwed. Thrift is wire-compatible in many cases but not API
compatible. You can not have two applications build off two versions of
thrift in the same classpath without something like OSGI. To insulate the
class loaders from each other.

Your best bet is upgrading "other component" to thrift 9