Pig >> mail # user >> Understanding LoadFunc sequence

+
Bill Graham 2012-02-03, 19:21
Re: Understanding LoadFunc sequence
Hi Bill,

I've used the following in my UDFs:

public static boolean isBackend(JobContext ctx) {
// HACK borrowed from HCatLoader: this property should only be set
on the backend
return ctx.getConfiguration().get("mapred.task.id", "").length() > 0;
    }

I recall seeing other hacks to accomplish the same task; the above
seems to work for now.

stan