Accumulo, mail # dev - Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-27, 01:10
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-29, 01:37
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-27, 17:26
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 20:43
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-27, 22:07
+
David Medinets 2013-01-28, 15:46
+
Jim Klucar 2013-01-28, 16:38
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 17:03
+
Eric Newton 2013-01-28, 19:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 21:34
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:12
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:21
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 00:32
+
Dave Marion 2013-01-29, 00:50
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:15
+
Christopher 2013-01-29, 17:34
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-29, 17:38
+
Christopher 2013-01-29, 18:53
+
David Medinets 2013-01-29, 18:21
+
Christopher Tubbs 2013-01-29, 18:55
+
William Slacum 2013-01-29, 17:40
+
dlmarion@... 2013-01-29, 17:52
+
John Vines 2013-01-29, 18:11
+
Mike Drob 2013-01-29, 19:26
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-01-30, 17:22
+
Aaron Cordova 2013-01-30, 18:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-30, 18:28
+
Aaron Cordova 2013-01-30, 18:30
+
Keith Turner 2013-01-30, 18:36
+
Christopher 2013-01-31, 00:39
+
dlmarion@... 2013-01-31, 21:45
+
John Vines 2013-01-28, 17:20
+
Josh Elser 2013-01-28, 17:29
Re: Accumulo 1.6 and beyond feature summit
Billie Rinaldi 2013-01-31, 22:10
On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is CAS?
>
>    - Switch to Curator.
>    - Monitoring.  I'm hoping this will just be integration with an existing
>    tool.
>    - Namespaces.
>    - A simple query language.  Perhaps there's something we can collaborate
>    with some of the other NoSQL folks.
>    - Update the wiki search example.
>    - Automatic tablet merge.
>    - Scalable NN

Is scalable NN == ACCUMULO-722?  I'd be excited about that for 1.6.

Billie

> Some of these don't need design documents, but some discussion of
> requirements would be nice.
>
> -Eric
>

> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > This will be very useful.
> >
> > Some new features I am thinking about for 1.6 are replication, CAS,
> > and Percolator.  I would like to put together a bit of an initial
> > design document for each of these.  I'm thinking that a follow up
> > online deep dive on the design of each large new 1.6 feature would
> > also be very useful.
> >
> > In the coming week I plan to spend most of my time testing,
> > documenting, fixing bugs, and polishing 1.5.0.  I do not think this
> > would leave much time to work on 1.6.  So interleaving design
> > discussion about new 1.6 features while 1.5 is being polished would be
> > nice.  So once 1.5.0 ships, I would have peer reviewed designs to
> > start implementing.
> >
> > Keith
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 26, 2013 at 8:10 PM, Adam Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > Now that we're past feature freeze for 1.5, I'd like to set up a
> > discussion
> > > of the features that Accumulo developers are interested in for 1.6 and
> > > beyond. The purpose of this discussion will be to raise awareness of
> > > projects that you think are cool and important, and to rally the
> > community.
> > > As a proposed format, let's plan on a series of 2-5 minute
> presentations
> > of
> > > individual features -- what it is, why it's important, how should we
> > build
> > > it, and who needs to help. We'll record the presentations for
> posterity.
> > >
> > > Since the community is now distributed throughout several states, let's
> > try
> > > our hand at an online discussion. Depending on participation, we'll
> pick
> > > forum that can accomodate everyone. If you're interested in attending,
> > > please fill out this doodle with what time you would be available:
> > > http://www.doodle.com/w9zb77ya3ykxr4zv
> > >
> > > If you can, please try to fill out the survey by Tuesday afternoon.
> After
> > > we get a good feel for times and participation, I'll schedule an online
> > > forum and send out a meeting invitation. If you would like to present a
> > > feature, send me an email directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED], and I'll make
> > sure
> > > you get time to present it.
> > >
> > > I look forward to seeing what everyone has up their sleeves!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Adam

+
Benson Margulies 2013-02-01, 07:36