Accumulo, mail # user - increase "running scans" in monitor?

Re: increase "running scans" in monitor?
Marc Reichman 2013-04-02, 15:20
Hi Josh,

Thanks for writing back. I am doing all explicit splits using addSplits in
the Java API since the keyspace is easy to divide evenly. Depending on the
table size for some of these experiments, I've had 128 splits, 256, 512, or
1024 splits. My jobs are executing properly, MR-wise, in the sense that I
do have a proper amount of map tasks created (as the count of splits above,
respectively). My concern is that the jobs may not be quite as busy as they
can be, dataflow-wise and I think the "Running Scans" per table/tablet
server seem to be good indicators of that.

My data is a 32-byte key (an md5 value), and I have one column family with
3 columns which contain "bigger" data, anywhere from 50-100k to an
occasional 10M-15M piece.

--
http://saucyandbossy.wordpress.com