Hadoop >> mail # dev >> How to make call to an external program in Hadoop?

How to make call to an external program in Hadoop?
So far, I only know that Hadoop can do counting. I am wondering if there's
any way to make calls to an external program for more complex processing
than counting in hadoop. Is there any example? thanks

tony