Hive >> mail # user >> Simulating an auto-incrementing column

Re: Simulating an auto-incrementing column
Hi Tim,

> I had a similar need and came across
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1304 but haven't got round
> to trying it yet.

well that looks exactly like what I'm looking for. The missing link
for me was this line:

set mapred.reduce.tasks=1;

I've used it before but I don't know why I didn't think of it now.
I've even mentioned it in my initial mail :(
Thanks! I'll go ahead and try it right now.

Cheers,
Lars