MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Versions - Confusion

+
Suresh S 2013-04-26, 05:39
+
Robert Evans 2013-04-26, 21:34
+
Suresh S 2013-04-27, 12:30
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-04-27, 17:30
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-01, 05:45
+
Naidu MS 2013-05-01, 06:52
Re: Versions - Confusion
this is the kind of question you should take up with the user@hadoopmailing list

On 30 April 2013 23:52, Naidu MS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi i have two questions regarding hdfs and jps utility
>
> I am new to Hadoop and started leraning hadoop from the past week
>
> 1.when ever i start start-all.sh and jps in console it showing the
> processes started
>
> *naidu@naidu:~/work/hadoop-1.0.4/bin$ jps*
> *22283 NameNode*
> *23516 TaskTracker*
> *26711 Jps*
> *22541 DataNode*
> *23255 JobTracker*
> *22813 SecondaryNameNode*
> *Could not synchronize with target*
>
> But along with the list of process stared it always showing *" Could not
> synchronize with target" *in the jps output. What is meant by "Could not
> synchronize with target"?  Can some one explain why this is happening?
>

> 2.Is it possible to format namenode multiple  times? When i enter the
>  namenode -format command, it not formatting the name node and showing the
> following ouput.
>
> *naidu@naidu:~/work/hadoop-1.0.4/bin$ hadoop namenode -format*
> *Warning: $HADOOP_HOME is deprecated.*
> *
> *
> *13/05/01 12:08:04 INFO namenode.NameNode: STARTUP_MSG: *
> */*************************************************************
> *STARTUP_MSG: Starting NameNode*
> *STARTUP_MSG:   host = naidu/127.0.0.1*
> *STARTUP_MSG:   args = [-format]*
> *STARTUP_MSG:   version = 1.0.4*
> *STARTUP_MSG:   build > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-1.0 -r
> 1393290; compiled by 'hortonfo' on Wed Oct  3 05:13:58 UTC 2012*
> *************************************************************/*
> *Re-format filesystem in /home/naidu/dfs/namenode ? (Y or N) y*
> *Format aborted in /home/naidu/dfs/namenode*
> *13/05/01 12:08:05 INFO namenode.NameNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG: *
> */*************************************************************
> *SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down NameNode at naidu/127.0.0.1*
> *
> *
> *************************************************************/*
>
> Can someone help me in understanding this? Why is it not possible to format
> name node multiple times?
>

> Regards,
> Naidu
>

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I have put together this chart some time ago and am trying to keep it up
> > date (more or less). The most latest update is available here:
> >   http://is.gd/axRlgJ
> >
> > Sometimes picture worth a lot... you know ;)
> >   Cos
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:09AM, Suresh S wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > >         I was confused with Hadoop versioning.
> > > I found that,  some people working on version starting with "0".
> > > Some others, working on version starting with "2".
> > > Also, i was confused with "branch".
> > >
> > > Which version is really current version.
> > > *Regards*
> [...]
+
Harsh J 2013-05-02, 03:26