Hadoop >> mail # user >> how to set default replication factor for specific directories

+
Austin Chungath 2013-02-04, 06:44
Re: how to set default replication factor for specific directories
Replication factor is a client-sent property for files (doesn't apply
to 'directories'), so there's currently no way to do this outside of
controlling the client/client-config of those that write to that
directory (for example, HBase can have a separate replication config,
for all writes to /hbase), or by periodically setting the factor
recursively on the directory (as your sample command does).

--
Harsh J