Hive >> mail # dev >> Debugging hive tasks?

Debugging hive tasks?
Hey hive gurus -

On the wiki I found a section about running Hive jobs in local mode,
however, it uses a separate JVM. Is it possible to run the map reduce jobs
inside the current process? I'm able to attach a debugger to the CLI
process but haven't been able to figure out debugging the MR tasks. Any
tips would be appreciated (and I'll update the wiki).

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted#GettingStarted-Hive%2CMapReduceandLocalMode

Thanks!
Travis
+