Hadoop, mail # user - error setting up hdfs?

Re: error setting up hdfs?
Aaron Kimball 2009-11-10, 21:47
You don't "need" to specify a path. If you don't specify a path argument for
ls, then it uses your home directory in HDFS ("/user/<yourusernamehere>").
When you first started HDFS, /user/hadoop didn't exist, so 'hadoop fs -ls'
--> 'hadoop fs -ls /user/hadoop' --> directory not found. When you mkdir'd
'lol', you were actually effectively doing "mkdir -p /user/hadoop/lol", so
then it created your home directory underneath of that.

- Aaron