Zookeeper, mail # user - Zookeeper on Windows

+
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-01, 20:56
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-01, 21:59
+
Camille Fournier 2013-07-01, 22:24
+
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-01, 23:49
Re: Zookeeper on Windows
Camille Fournier 2013-07-01, 23:53
I don't know what "windows is not production ready" even means. ZooKeeper
Java on windows is no big deal, it's as production-ready as any other Java
version. We did some work to get the C clients compiling in Visual Studio a
couple years ago but the windows test build has been broken for a while so
that might require some work to get running.
As far as running ZooKeeper the server, most people run it on linux. I've
run it in Windows for testing but not production.

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Anurag Gujral <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Camille,
>                  I am sorry I was not clear in my  email earlier, I am
> talking about both java and C windows clients, I read the note on zookeeper
> wiki that windows is not yet production ready , does it means that
> zookeeper window server is not production ready or zookeeper windows client
> is not production ready or both.Can you give names of some companies which
> are successfully using both java and C windows clients for zookeeper with
> either windows machines as zookeeper server or a linux machine as zookeeper
> server.
> Thanks
> Anurag
>

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Camille Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Do you mean the ZooKeeper server or ZooKeeper clients? There are many
> > places using ZooKeeper clients on windows.

> > On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Flavio Junqueira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > The PoweredBy page does not say anything and I'm personally not aware
> of
> > > any case that has been publicly disclosed. It would be nice to know,
> > though.
> > >
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/PoweredBy
> > >
> > > -Flavio

> Please
> in
> > an

> share
> > code

+
Patrick Hunt 2013-07-02, 00:01
+
Anurag Gujral 2013-07-02, 00:20
+
Patrick Hunt 2013-07-02, 00:39
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-09-07, 10:48
+
Sznajder ForMailingList 2013-07-16, 15:28
+
Flavio Junqueira 2013-07-16, 16:17