Bigtop, mail # dev - Re: Automating Hadoop installation

Re: Automating Hadoop installation
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-16, 18:06
Yup, patches are always welcome!

As for win support - more the merrier! Although I doubt that many people here
have such experience (say my own stops with a C++ compiler on 3.11; and never
touched it since).

Considering a very low interest in packaged stack from win'd crowd , I
personally would be very hesitant to -1 patches that work everywhere yet
breaking some windows functionality. Simply because most of us don't have
windows machines to test it and most of us are working in Unix shops.

So, someone with right skills needs to take the ownership of such support
going forward (if it gonna happen). Apparently, same goes with Mac - I am
trying not to touch it with a 10' pole, but if someone will step up and own
the support in Bigtop it'd be great.

Consider this a call for volunteers ;)

Cos