Bigtop >> mail # user >> Building and deploying a custom bigtop iTest suite?

Building and deploying a custom bigtop iTest suite?
Hi !

I just realized that I am running remotely downloaded bigtop tests, rather
than my custom groovy iTests.  I was thinking that:

mvn clean install -DskipTests -DskipITs -DperformRelease -f
bigtop-tests/test-artifacts/pom.xml

would install local source code built bigtop jars, which would then be used
for tests when i run:

mvn -fae clean verify -Dorg.apache.bigtop.itest.log4j.level=INFO -f
/root/SystemTestsBT/bigtop/bigtop-tests/test-execution/smokes/pom.xml

However, at closer analysis, these commands are merely downloading
snapshots from remote and installing them over my local bigtop build :( ....

I guess I might be interpretting the README wrong... but.... how do I
install my local bigtop source code into my local maven repo, so that I can
run customized bigtop groovy (iTest) tests?

Probably this is more of a pom.xml question than a bigtop one.

Thanks!
--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com